Transfer Site News: Last Call for Leaves
Since we already have our first snowfall...
- Leaves will be accepted from April 1 to December 1 or until the first snowfall.
- The exchange table will be available from April 1 to December 1 or until the first snowfall.
Mon, Dec 2, 2019: However, the break in the weather does allow us to resume taking leaves until further notice. So at this time, WE ARE TAKING LEAVES again.
See our Transfer Site page and Transfer Site Fee Schedule for more details.
Property Tax Bills for 2019/2020
Dec 5, 2019: The 2019 Property Tax Bills are now available on the Columbia County website. Paper bills are being printed and mailed over the next week or so. See the Property Taxes page for more information.
2020 Notice of Rabies Vaccination & Dog License Requirements
NOTICE OF RABIES VACCINATION AND
DOG LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
LATE FEE MAY BE ASSESSED AFTER APRIL 1
Dec 6, 2019: Notice is hereby given that, pursuant to Secs. 95.21(2), 174.05, and 174.07(1)(b), Wis. Stats., the owner of a dog shall have the dog vaccinated against rabies by a veterinarian at no later than five (5) months of age and revaccinated within one year after the initial vaccination. If the owner obtains a dog after the dog has reached five (5) months of age, the owner shall have the dog vaccinated against rabies within 30 days after the dog is obtained. The owner of a dog shall have the dog revaccinated against rabies by a veterinarian before the date that the immunization expires or within 3 years after the previous vaccination. The owner shall pay the dog license fees and obtain a license from the municipal treasurer. Late fees may be assessed after April 1. Susan M. Moll, Columbia County Clerk
See our Licenses page for form and more information.
Running for Local Office in 2020
Candidacy filing and nomination papers are available for anyone interested in running for local office in the Town in 2020. See the Running for Local Office page for more details and the required forms. Offices that will be up for election in April 2020 (with possible run-offs in February 2020) are:
- Town Board - Supervisor 3 (currently held by Chad Wolter)
- Town Board - Supervisor 4 (currently held by Jon Plumer)
- Lodi School District Board - Seat (currently held by Susan Miller)
- Lodi School District Board - Seat (currently held by H. Adam Steinberg)
Christmas Holiday Hours for Town Hall
The Town Hall will be closed for Christmas as follows:
- Christmas Eve - Tue, Dec 24
- Christmas Day - Wed, Dec 25
Also, please note that if the Lodi School District opens school late, closes early or closes for the entire day due to weather, then the Town Hall office does the same for the safety of our employees.
Merrimac Ferry Closed for Winter
The Merrimac Ferry (Colsac III) has closed for the winter season as of 9:00am on Monday, November 18, 2019.
The ferry was shut down early in order to complete some of the needed seasonal maintenance. WisDOT is having the ferry exterior painted over this winter season (beginning 12/15/2019 with completion in March). More details are available in this Channel3000.com article.
2020 Town Budget
The 2020 Town Budget was approved on Tuesday, October 29, 2019. See our Town Budget page for more.
United States 2020 Census
Nov 8, 2019: Census Day is April 1, 2020. If you live in the United States, you are required by law to complete the 2020 Census.
Once you receive your invitation to participate, there are three ways to respond: online, by phone, or by mail. If a census is not completed by one of these methods, then census takers will be going to individual residences to meet with residents to complete the census.
More information about the 2020 Census can be found at the official federal site: https://2020census.gov
The State of Wisconsin has also created a website with information about the 2020 Census: https://wicount.wi.gov
A local food pantry is open to any hungry families or individuals once a month at the Town Hall. The recommendation is to arrive as early as possible. See our Food Pantry page for more details.
Next Food Pantry:
Saturday, December 21st
9:00 am - 11:00 pm
Notice of Town Board & Various Commission Appointments
Oct 30, 2019: The following vacancy was filled by appointment at the regular Town Board meeting on October 29, 2019:
- EMS Commission: Jim Tooley
Aug 27, 2019: The following vacancy was filled by appointment at the regular Town Board meeting on August 27, 2019.
- EMS Commission: Aaron Arnold
Jun 26, 2019: The following vacancies were filled by appointment at the regular Town Board meeting on June 25, 2019.
- Park Commission - Citizen Member: Mike Linak
- HGLPRD Board Liaison - Town Board: Aaron Arnold
May 29, 2019: The following vacancies were filled by appointment at the regular Town Board meeting on May 28, 2019.
- Park Commission - Town Board: James Brooks
- Park Commission - Citizen Member: Neil Heskin
- Plan Commission - Citizen Member: Jane Zavoral
- Harmony Grove Sanitary Commission - Citizen Member: Ralph Benson
- Board of Review - Alternate Member: Tom Marx
- Board of Review - Alternate Member: Jay Gawlikoski
Apr 30, 2019: The following vacancies were filled by appointment at the regular Town Board meeting on April 30, 2019.
- Town Board - Supervisor 3: Chad Wolter
- Plan Commission - Town Board Member: Brian Henry
- Plan Commission - Town Board Member: Chad Wolter
- Plan Commission - Citizen Member: Jack Pfister
- Fire Commission - Town Board Member: James Brooks
Okee Bridge & County Road V Construction
Nov 7, 2019: Construction is finished (for the season) and the bridge is now open.
2020 Construction Schedule
There are still a few parts of this project that did not get completed as scheduled due to weather. The work scheduled for possibly this fall 2019 or most likely next spring 2020, pending weather is:
- Touch up topsoil and restoration.
- Finish the rest of the pavement markings.
- Repair spall area on a bridge girder when temperatures allow.
Additional project details are available on the Okee Bridge & County Road V Construction page.