Merrimac Ferry Closing for Winter
Nov 11, 2019: The Merrimac Ferry (Colsac III) will close for the winter season starting at 9:00am on Monday, November 18, 2019.
The ferry is shutting down early in order to complete some of the needed seasonal maintenance. WisDOT is having the ferry exterior painted over this winter season (beginning 12/15/2019 with completion in March).
Thanksgiving & Christmas Holiday Hours for Town Hall
The Town Hall is closed for the following holidays:
- Thanksgiving Day and the day after - Thursday/Friday, November 28-29, 2019
- Christmas Eve @ 12:00 noon - Tuesday, December 24, 2019
- Christmas Day - Wednesday, December 25, 2019
Also, please note that if the Lodi School District opens school late, closes early or closes for the entire day due to weather, then the Town Hall office does the same for the safety of our employees.
2020 Town Budget
The 2020 Town Budget was approved on Tuesday, October 29, 2019. See our Town Budget page for more.
Property Tax Bills for 2019/2020
The 2019 Property Tax Bills are expected to be mailed out in early December and will also be available on the Columbia County website. See the Property Taxes page for more information.
Running for Local Office in 2020
Oct 30, 2019: Candidacy filing and nomination papers will soon be available for anyone interested in running for local office in the Town in 2020. See the Running for Local Office page for more details and the required forms. Offices that will be up for election in April 2020 (with possible run-offs in February 2020) are:
- Town Board - Supervisor 3 (currently held by Chad Wolter)
- Town Board - Supervisor 4 (currently held by Jon Plumer)
- Lodi School District Board - Seat (currently held by Susan Miller)
- Lodi School District Board - Seat (currently held by H. Adam Steinberg)
Okee Bridge & County Road V Construction
Nov 7, 2019: Construction is finished (for the season) and the bridge is now open.
2020 Construction Schedule
There are still a few parts of this project that did not get completed as scheduled due to weather. The work scheduled for possibly this fall 2019 or most likely next spring 2020, pending weather is:
- Touch up topsoil and restoration.
- Finish the rest of the pavement markings.
- Repair spall area on a bridge girder when temperatures allow.
Additional project details are available on the Okee Bridge & County Road V Construction page.
United States 2020 Census
Nov 8, 2019: Census Day is April 1, 2020. If you live in the United States, you are required by law to complete the 2020 Census.
Once you receive your invitation to participate, there are three ways to respond: online, by phone, or by mail. If a census is not completed by one of these methods, then census takers will be going to individual residences to meet with residents to complete the census.
More information about the 2020 Census can be found at: https://2020census.gov
Notice of Town Board & Various Commission Appointments
Oct 30, 2019: The following vacancy was filled by appointment at the regular Town Board meeting on October 29, 2019:
- EMS Commission: Jim Tooley
Aug 27, 2019: The following vacancy was filled by appointment at the regular Town Board meeting on August 27, 2019.
- EMS Commission: Aaron Arnold
Jun 26, 2019: The following vacancies were filled by appointment at the regular Town Board meeting on June 25, 2019.
- Park Commission - Citizen Member: Mike Linak
- HGLPRD Board Liaison - Town Board: Aaron Arnold
May 29, 2019: The following vacancies were filled by appointment at the regular Town Board meeting on May 28, 2019.
- Park Commission - Town Board: James Brooks
- Park Commission - Citizen Member: Neil Heskin
- Plan Commission - Citizen Member: Jane Zavoral
- Harmony Grove Sanitary Commission - Citizen Member: Ralph Benson
- Board of Review - Alternate Member: Tom Marx
- Board of Review - Alternate Member: Jay Gawlikoski
Apr 30, 2019: The following vacancies were filled by appointment at the regular Town Board meeting on April 30, 2019.
- Town Board - Supervisor 3: Chad Wolter
- Plan Commission - Town Board Member: Brian Henry
- Plan Commission - Town Board Member: Chad Wolter
- Plan Commission - Citizen Member: Jack Pfister
- Fire Commission - Town Board Member: James Brooks
Tue, Nov 12: Plan Commission
Wed, Nov 13: Fire Commission
Wed, Nov 13: Park Commission
Thu, Nov 21: EMS Commission
Tue, Nov 26: Town Board
Wed, Nov 27: Okee Sanitary District
Wed, Nov 27: Joint Sewerage Commission
Tue, Dec 3: Harmony Grove Sanitary District
Wed, Dec 11: Park Commission
Agendas available on our Meetings page.