- Columbia County - Land Information Department - Direct Link to Interactive Map
- Turn on optional layers to show contour lines, satellite imagery,
floodplains, wetlands, tax districts, voting districts, zoning districts
& overlays, shoreland zoning, future land use plan, boat launches,
bike routes, hiking & snowmobile trails, etc.
- Click on any parcel for a pop-up box containing owner name(s), mailing address, acreage, parcel description and a "Click for More Info" link that shows that parcel's corresponding entry in the Ascent Land Records system as detailed below.
- Columbia County - Ascent Land Records - Direct Link to Search by Name, Address or Parcel ID
- Start with a name, address or parcel ID to view land parcel information, ownership details, assessments, tax bills & payments, voting districts, parcel history, plat maps, sales history, etc.
- For any parcel record, use the "Select Detail" combo box to jump between the different subject details for that parcel. Click the red "View Interactive Map" to open that parcel's corresponding entry in the Interactive Map system as detailed above.
- Columbia County - Land Information Department - Map Gallery
- Columbia County Road Map (PDF, 4.1MB)
- Columbia County Supervisory District 25 (PDF)
- Columbia County Supervisory District 26 (PDF)
- [Available to Purchase] Columbia County Plat Book in Printed Form
- Paper plat books are sold through the County UW-Extension Office in Portage as a 4-H Fundraiser. The price is $30.00 if you pick up at their office or $33.00 if you have it mailed to you. Full details on their site.
Maps from the Town's Comprehensive Plan
Other Map Resources
- Very fast site to see all parcel maps over satellite imagery. Unpaid use only provides access to # of acres and parcel #. Paid access grants owner information, land valuation, soil survey, crop history reports, etc.
- USDA NRCS Web Soil Survey
- The United States Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) offers interactive online maps showing soil types & characteristics, land cover, suitability for various uses, etc. Click on the round green button labeled "Start WSS" to launch the mapping tool.
The maps below are high resolution JPG images. All names and details should be fully readable when the image is viewed at full-size.
The maps available through these links are viewable at very high resolution by using each viewer's zoom and scroll features.
The Columbia County Land Information Department has a page for Tax Parcel Map Books on their Map Gallery page. They offer a PDF file for each municipality for most years starting in 2008 and every year thereafter. Unfortunately these files contain only the parcel maps. They do not seem to include any list or index of landowner names which substantially limits their usefulness on their own. Use the Ascent Land Records online system (as described above in County Maps) as a complement to the PDF map files.
They also have a page for Historical Tax Parcel Map Books where you can download a single PDF file for each Town or Village that contains a collection of its historical parcel maps throughout the years. Note that most of the older maps never included an original publication date on them and these PDF files do not offer the context needed to accurately project a date for such cases. And again, they do not seem to include any list or index of landowner names which substantially limits their usefulness.