Madeline Summers Park
W11619 County Road V, Okee
- Playground (all new equipment installed June 2018)
- Adjacent to the Okee Schoolhouse Community Center
Okee Schoolhouse Community Center
The Okee Schoolhouse Community Center is adjacent to Madeline Summers Park. It served as the area school from 1853-1959. The building is available for use by the community. The Schoolhouse holds 30 people and is furnished with tables, chairs and a complete kitchen. Please note that the Schoolhouse is CLOSED for winter from Nov 1, 2018 - Mar 31, 2019.
Who Was Madeline Summers?
Madeline Summers (Parks) was born on April 17, 1908 in Syene, Wisconsin. She and her parents owned and operated the Okee General Store until 1952. On April 10, 1976, she married Norman Parks, Sr. Madeline was a member of the Lodi Eastern Star and First Presbyterian Church. She died at the age of 95 on May 6, 2003 at Creekwood Assisted Living in Waunakee. Madeline is buried at the Mount Pleasant Cemetery at 502 Sauk St, Lodi.
2018 Park Improvements
- Installed new swings
- Installed new slide
- Installed new 2-person teeter totter
- Installed new Comet II spinner
- Installed new ADA-approved merry-go-round
- Installed new Suzy the Duck spring rider
- Installed 140 cubic yards of ADA-approved wood fiber chips
- Installed new park bench with commemorative plaque
- Power washed entire outside of Okee Schoolhouse building
New Playground Equipment Installed June 2018